Today we finally have to turn our thoughts toward home, but made one last stop on our way to Paris: Monet's home and garden in Giverny. As you can see from the picture, the flowers were beautiful. The colors match those found in his paint box. Unfortunately it was also by far the busiest place we've been, which made it less pleasant than it might have been.
After lunch Benoit drove us all around Paris while Thomas gave a final tour de force description of the major sites. The driving around the major squares like the Place de la Concorde was insane! I will never complain about driving in Kelly Square again!
There was just enough time after getting to our hotel for a quick stroll to the Opera House and a peek inside a major shopping center that I think is Lafayette something. As you can see, the inside is gorgeous! I had a quick beer at a sidewalk café with a friend, then met the others for an excellent farewell dinner. We all leave at different time tomorrow.
I hope you've enjoyed following along. Too many pictures and additional boring commentary to follow in person.
1 comment:
Safe travels home, Nancy! We've enjoyed the trip with you!
Love,
Peter and Irene
Post a Comment