Ciao tutti!
There is starting to be a rhythm to my days: I get up at about 7:30am, get ready for school, have breakfast, then head out to school. (It's about a 20 minute walk.) School starts at 9:20 and ends at 1pm. During our one break at 11am I go to a nearby bar and have my standing order of tea, and sometimes a pastry. After school I meet my friends for a light lunch and a walk back toward our apartments. I pick up an International Herald Tribune on the way, and retire to my apartment to read, do homework, run errands, etc. Then I meet my friends at the main fountain at about 6pm and we decide whether we want to explore the city, have a drink with heavy hors d'oevres, or find a place for dinner. Of course dinner here starts quite late--about 8pm.
Which brings me to last night's dinner. We found a restaurant that is popular with the locals which was not too far from our apartments. It has a set menu for each night which costs 13€ plus 4€ for a bottle of wine. Last night dinner included two types of homemade pasta (yum!), a couple slices of stuffed pork roast and roast potatoes (also yum!), and a small piece of cake (not so yum.) We were also served a small glass of vin santo with dessert. It was in a very old building which had all kinds of arches and was very homey.
So that's a typical day here! Saturday I'm heading to Assisi. It will be kind of crazy because there will be a popular festival, but it should be fun and colorful! I'll report back after that!
Nancy
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Nancy,
Your updates are wonderful to read. Thanks so much for taking the time. I am so happy that you are having such a good trip. I think of you often!
Love,
Anne
Nancy, I am enjoying living precariously through you. I have been reading all along but I was busy blogging myself for the MLA conference. Let me just say that your trip sounds much more exciting than mine was. Although the beach was nice. I am inspired to write a blog for my Australia trip though. Reading your descriptions are much better than you just telling me about it when you get home. Keep learning and enjoying yourself...you deserve it! Susan
I think I mean vicariously...but you knew that.
Marilyn Starrett
Hi Nancy, Love your blog. Wish I were there...Oh but John and I will be in Rome on May 17. Is that your last night in Italy. If so, do you want to have dinner? Where are you staying? My Italian cell number in 03351 291 971. Hope to see you! You can email me at mstarret@mail2medieval.com.
ciao,
Marilyn Starrett
Post a Comment